Friday, February 26, 2010

All of the things I could include in this collection

There are really a lot of things that could be included in this new thematic collection of mine.  For example, the Black Rock, which is apparently the slave ship that somehow ended up in the middle of the island.  Ships of the variety from the 1700s - 1800s is a very common topic for stamps.  These types of ships are particularly popular for the countries that offer CTO (Canceled to Order) stamps.  I am going to try to avoid the CTO stamps as much as possible.   However some of them may appear, and I will be talking about these in a future blog post.

Today I am going to include another favorite stamp in my new LOST theme collection. If you think back to the Pilot, John Locke talks to Walt about Backgammon.  Walt asks if its checkers that he is playing, and John says, "No, its not checkers, its better than checkers...Its backgammon.. One side white, and the other black."  And for the entire six seasons we watch a good guy vs. a bad guy. At first it is Jack vs. Sawyer, and Survivors vs. Others, and then Island people vs. Freighter folks,etc. Oh and don't forget Ben vs. Widmore.

Locke with the white and black markers
In honor of Locke's backgammon game, I offer to you Sweden 1438: 


1 comment: